In order to create a perfect makeup you will need specific brushes that you can purchase from your local beauty shops or online. When buying your makeup brushes you have two options: you can either buy them as a set or you can buy each them from another brand. A brush that has a good quality can be quite pricey especially if it's made from high quality fibers, but the end result is so much better.
If you too would like to know how to use each brush from your makeup brushes set here is what you should know about each one of them.
1. Foundation brush: this brush is designed to help you get that flawless, smooth finish. The brush has tightly packed bristles and a tapered tip to ensure a fluid application. Before applying your foundation, dampen the brush in warm water and remove the excess water using a paper towel. This will ensure an even distribution.
2. Concealer brush: you can recognize it because it is soft, flat and bristles and has a wider base and a pointed tip. You can use it to apply the concealer under the eyes, but also to camouflage problem areas and brown spots.
3. Duo Fiber brush: you can easily recognize this one because it has two colors. It is made from a blend of goat and synthetic fibers, being ideal for buffing and blending the color. Because it has a circular, flat head it provides a good and buildable coverage of powder, liquid or cream. If you want to blend cream blush onto the apples of your cheeks this brush is perfect. Some women also use it to dust shimmer powder to the cheeks or brow bones.
4. Powder brush: is one of the brushes that all women should have in their makeup set. It can be used both as a compact power or a bronzer applier, and because is is rounded and soft will pick up the right amount of color, distributing it flawlessly onto the skin. Don't forget to shake away the excess color.
5. Mineral powder brush: it is not a brush used by many women, but if you like mineral makeup, then it's a good idea to have one. It is a thick and well packed brush that you can use both dry and wet and is specially designed to apply mineral powder on your skin for a great look. Small, circular moves are perfect for a flawless finish.
6. Fan powder brush: this brush has a double usage and it's very good to have it in your makeup drawer. First you can use it to sweep light dusting of powder without highlighting the fine lines and imperfections or creating a heavy coverage. Also it is useful to remove the excess powder from your face, especially after you have applied your eye shadow.
7. Blusher brush: like its name says it, this brush is made for that giving your cheeks that hint of color. It is made with gentle and fine fibers and has a rounded head. For a perfect application, sweep and blend along your cheekbone and up into your hairline.
8. Face contour brush: this brush is made to mimic the angles of your cheekbones, making it ideal for highlighting or shading with bronzer or illuminating with powder. You will create a beautiful, sculpted like finish if you use it with powder, cream or gel.
9. Eye shadow brush: it is the most common makeup brushes and if you want a perfect makeup, you should definitely have one just like this. This brush is soft, flat and large for a great coverage. The bristles of the brush are soft and will not drag and harm the eyelid and the makeup.
10. Angle eye shadow brush: use it to shade the eye socket. This brush is long and round and all you have to do is follow the natural crease of the eye socket with a back and forth movement to build the depth of color.
11. Blending eye shadow brush: this is a very light brush that is useful when you want to blend eye shadow colors and to highlight the brow bone.
12. Fine point eyeliner brush: if you like to apply gel eyeliner, this is the brush that you should have. It has a extra fine tip that will help you achieve a perfect line in just one stroke.
13. Flat eyeliner brush: with the help of this brush you can apply the eyeliner deeper into the lash. You can create a smokey eyes effect if you brush gently upwards to make the like softer and more blended.
14. Smudger brush: you can find this kind of brush at the other end of an eyeliner. It has a foam tip that is designed to softer the line made by the pencil. If the brush is larger, you can even use it to apply the eye shadow.
15. Slanted eyebrow definer brush: this is a great help if you want to have perfect and symmetrical eyebrows. Use it to apply cream, powder or liquid in short strokes.
16. Spiral eyebrow brush: another very useful tool for your eyebrows. It is ideal if you have unruly hairs because the bristles will comb the hair, giving it a nice form.
17. Lip brush: this is something that all women should have if they want to have beautiful, smooth lips. The sculpted tip of the brush is great for creating a perfect line.
Cleaning your makeup brushes is so important, because even the most expensive ones will deteriorate in time. The brushes that you use all the time, like the foundation, lip and eye shadow must be cleaned after each use and the rest you can wash one a week.